Re: [opensuse] [Fwd: Messages from opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx to you have been bouncing]
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:32:40 -0500
Thanks, Rajko and Per,

Rajko M. wrote:

entire opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx to find it. The number is the same as in:
which you can see with Ctrl-u (Thunderbird).

Well. You show me, and I see it. When I clicked View -> Headers -> All
I couldn't find it. It didn't occur to me to look at the message source
(after all, it's just text, right? :-). Thanks.

Per Jessen wrote:
John E. Perry wrote:

Hi,

I get two or three of these messages a month. Should I be concerned?

If you don't know why, it's worth looking into. I get the occasional
report like that too, but I know why - my news-server will bounce any
message that is too old, which usually means a wrong date setting.

The message (forwarded to me by Rajko) was not unreasonably out of date,
so I guess the problem is still a mystery.

You should be able to track the message by messageid and find it in your
mailserver logs. If you're using an external mail-provider, it'll
probably be difficult.

Yes, my ISP is my mailserver. I'll try forwarding one of these bounced
messages to Tech Support next time (yeah, right :-).

jp