Re: [opensuse] Weather map
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:18:30 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Now, what I wonder, is if there is some type of small weather map on which we
configure the cities we are interested on, their positions, and we get their
weather conditions on that area of interest.

Does it exist?

Of course, I know there are web pages that may have that kind of info, but
that's rather "heavy handed".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

I'm not sure I see how you could have a map that isn't heavy handed, they're
generally big things :)

However, this is a Java applet that does something like what you're asking for.
It's from NOAA, for pilots.

http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/metars/java/

(Who says Java applets aren't useful :)

You could embed it somewhere other than a browser I suppose, though I've never
looked at how that would be achieved.

HTH,
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz