Re: [opensuse] openSuSE Server Setup page finally Reformatted - Need Feedback
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:39:58 -0600
JB2 wrote:
On 08 January 09, David C. Rankin wrote:

Listmates,

I have finally got my openSuSE server setup page formatted for the web
instead of being squirreled away as a text file. If you have a moment,
please look it over and give me the good, the bad and the ugly

<snip>

Looks damn good, David, really. Links all work well/correctly, etc. Fine
job.

I like Quanta also, even though creating a website is something I can only
do when I look at the source code of other sites and mimic, *not copy*, just
do 'similar' things and then try stuff on my own.

Heck,

How do you think I learned the stuff ;-) Ctrl+U and google....

Thanks for taking the time to look. I still have another 20-30% of
notes to
add to the page, but I just happy to get through the initial reformat. I had
never done a page that large before and the sheer number of tags required was
surprising.

Just looking at the number of quick text files I've squirreled away
with good
information in them finally caught up to me and it was either turn them into
something useful or let them drift off into the dusty parts of my hard drive.
It just seemed like a waste to let all that stuff get buried in obscurity.
Hopefully they will save somebody all the hassle of searching all over the
place to piece together a quick howto on basic openSuSE information.

Hopefully, after I have gotten my hands around all of the information
we will
be able to move it to the openSuSE wiki so it doesn't depend on my little
server to keep it running.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC