Re: [opensuse] Webcam / headset combo recommendation
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 06:02:37 -0700
On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 09:55 +0100, Philippe Andersson wrote:
Hello list,

I recently migrated my father's computer from WinME to OpenSuSE 11.0. He
would like to use Skype on the new platform. Can you recommend well
supported choices for the following hardware:

- USB webcam
- headset
1. You must get a card that works with uvc. This is well supported

2. Logitech are great (but not all of them). I use the Orbit-AF that has
motor controls that allows you to tilt and pan the camera. The optics
are high quality.

3. This link is for opensuse 10.3 but give a link where to find the
logitech that will work.
The information is accurate also for 11 and 11.1 with the exception of
the changes produced by udev that affect the motor controls. You just
have to change a line and everything is working great. The info is in
that forum

http://forums.quickcamteam.net/showthread.php?tid=212

-=terry=-