Re: [opensuse] 9.1 aka 10.1 aka 11.1 aka lousy Christmas present?
  • From: "James Bland" <birdra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 06:45:02 -0500
On 1/8/09, JB2 <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07 January 09, David C. Rankin wrote:

<snip>

I just did a quick review of my favorite releases. Curiously, the best
fall
into the .0 or .3 category. From 8.0 Pro on through 10.3 and 11.0 all the
best have been .0 or .3. (Not to slight 8.2 or 10.2, both very solid
performers)

Agreed. I started with 7.3 and as far as I'm concerned, it was actually
the
easiest and least troublesome to 'set up' once it was installed, and I've
used 8.2 (IIRR), 9.3, and now on 10.3 which looks like I'll stay with until
find out otherwise that kde4 hasn't been dumbed-down, nor made less
user 'adjustable' (meaning if I can't get into the guts of an app or
something to 'change' what *I* want to make it work better or the way *I*
want it to, it ain't worth having).

--
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I've been using SuSE/openSUSE since Redhat decided to release Fedora.
I can say that some of the .1 releases have given me very little
problems. Currently all of my Computers have 11.1 installed except
for an old compaq server that I haven't been able to upgrade since
10.2 because SCSI RAID card driver issues.

All of my computers are running either KDE 4.1.3 or 4.2 with no
problems. The 11.x releases have been the first that I have been able
to install on all of my PCs and have no problems to fix afterward.

So, count me in the it depends on the hardware configuration column.