Re: [opensuse] Re: /opt directory keeps getting its permissions reset
  • From: "Hugo Palma" <hugo.m.palma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:06:00 +0000
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Charles Philip Chan
<cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

Search and edit /etc/permissions

Oops, I send this too fast. The permission is set in /etc/permissions,
but you should put the new values in /etc/permissions.local, so it won't
get hosed during an update.

Charles

--
"Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The
Labs."

Thanks for the tip. I changed permissions.local and after a reboot the
permissions stayed just like i want them to.