Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3.X 100% CPU usage makes it unusable - urgent fix required
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:13:26 +0100
LLLActive@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

Can someone assist me to sort out a 100% CPU usage by FireFox. It
happens with all 3.X versions. FF is unusable at the moment. I have
searched and see that it has been a problem in most FF versions and
Linux. I need an urgent fix. Our ERPII system uses Web Browsers (Web
2.0 & LAMP). The Windows users with M$IE have no problems, but it is
banned in our company.

Might it be a javascript problem? I know your web2 stuff will be all
javascript, but try disabling it and see what happens to the CPU-usage.

Or just go browse a public page without javascript.

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich