Re: [opensuse] Webcam / headset combo recommendation
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:55:07 +0100
I recently migrated my father's computer from WinME to OpenSuSE 11.0. He
would like to use Skype on the new platform. Can you recommend well
supported choices for the following hardware:

- USB webcam
- headset

Please note that the computer already has a sound card (can't remember
the brand or model) that is recognised and configured. The usual "extra"
multimedia packages and codecs are installed.

Based on this, would you recommend to use a headset that plugs in the
soundcard jacks or a USB one ?

I use and recommend the Logitech USB headsets. they work out of the
box with Linux and are crystal clear.

C.