[opensuse] Latest Compiz and 11.1 64-bit
  • From: Robin Klitscher <robnk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 17:39:53 +1300
I've just applied the latest (as of today) compiz and associated drops
from X11:XGL. They work well; thanks.

A question, though. Two things in the change logs got my attention.
There are references to fixes for NOMAD support or patches; and to
"Review and merge changes from X11:Compiz".

As nothing more than an ordinary user who has had no great problem with
what comes out of the X11:XGL repository but who has had the
well-advertised difficulties with what's been in X11:Compiz, I'm not
sure what those change-log entries mean. (Truth be known I've never
really understood the difference between X11:XGL and X11:Compiz, except
that for me the first has worked and the second hasn't.)

But does all this mean that X11:XGL and X11:Compiz are converging?
And/or that remote desktop features are now in both? Or what? Or am I
barking up the wrong tree?

If someone could explain this to me in words of one syllable I'd be much
obliged.

Robin K