Re: [opensuse] openSuSE Server Setup page finally Reformatted - Need Feedback
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:49:00 -0500
David C. Rankin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
aledr wrote:
Works like a charm now. ;D

Thanks

--
[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre

I've moved the website back to the original box after restart. Let's
hope it
keeps working now.... The only thing I can think of that happened was that
10.3
somehow cached the hosts-deny entries and it took a reboot to clear it. That
does not make sense, but stranger things have happened.

I don't have bind installed but I seem to recall that there was a signal
you could send to bind to tell it to rebuild it's cache. Try man bind and
see if there is. This would eliminate having to reboot which may not
rebuild the cache anyway as it is stored in a file IIANM.

But you know what they say, the first thing to go is the memory and I
can't remember the others.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998