[opensuse] KDE System Tray
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:35:04 -0500
Some applications seem to go into the system tray in the KDE4 panel all
by themselves - kmix, kgpg, kaffine; some have plugins that can go there
- firefox, thunderbird.

But what about other applications in general? It would be nice to have
a few thigns like kcalc and ksnapshot there.

If I go into the menu editor there is a box in the entry for ksnapshot
labelled "put in system tray". If I "X" it, and save then .... no,
ksnapshot does NOT appear in the system tray.

Is this another of those "gaps" where KDE4's new code-base is still
catching up to what was in KDE3 or am I doing something wrong?

--
People who love sausages, respect the law, and work with IT standards
shouldn't watch any of them being made. -- Peter Gutmann