Re: [opensuse] rsync ?
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:31:06 +0100
Greg Freemyer wrote:
Many thanks for the replies to my query.
Not that I understand much of it, but I will study the man page, and hope
I get more insight.

If you found this confusing, avoid the daemon mode unless you
absolutely need it.

Are you trying to rsync between 2 directories on one computer, or
between 2 computers?

If 2:

Can you ssh between the 2 machines?

Is rsync installed on both machines?

Greg

Thank you very much Greg.

I have a HDD with backup from a NAS server done via USB HDD.

I want to restore the backup on another NAS server, and it also has USB
on it.

And yes I can ssh and rsync is installed on the NAS server.

So this is in a way a rsync between 2 directories.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Erik Jakobsen OZ4KK