Re: [opensuse] 11.1 install and work-arounds posted - I can add more
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:35:23 -0500
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:36 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, in the latest removal it saves the beagle-lib dependency for
firefox.
Currently it is just killing beagle and kerry.

I've just come to the conclusion that I will probably stay with 11.0
and see how 11.2 turns out. 11.1 has too many instabilities and I've
not been able to do an actual KDE3 install and have it work yet.
Which sucks because I was one of the ones pushing for KDE3 to be
included, and it looks like I won't even use it.

6 months cycles are too short. I see no reason to update my main
machines to 11.1 when they won't work properly or have reduced
functionality. The proposed 3 over 2 years sounds like a much better
idea.