[opensuse] Getting KDE 3.5 With openSUSE 11.1?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 07:40:07 -0800
Hi,

I've now completed two from-scratch installations of openSUSE 11.1, each
time requesting KDE 3.5 and yet both times I end up with Gnome. The
first time I did extensive package customization. The second time I
just selected the "patterns" I wanted, which included almost all of
them (and all the programming ones except Java).

This is extremely frustrating, given that it takes over an hour each
time just to get to the point where I'm presented with the dreaded
Gnome desktop.

What am I doing wrong?

Randall Schulz