Re: [opensuse] Finding a modem (more)
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 05:18:04 -0800 (PST)
----- Original Message ----

From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
Well, as you have real serial ports in your machine, I would try getting
an
external modem via serial port. They work (almost) always.

Bleargh, I think you're right. I loaded the "softmodem" stuff that I found
in
the distro, and it says that it doesn't support FAX functionality, so I
guess--since that's all I wanted to do with this thing anyway--I'll have to
give
up until I can find a nice cheap external FAX modem

You can buy a driver module for certain fax/modems from the
originators of the softmodem driver, last time I looked the pay for one
had fax capabilities.

Hmm, a possibility, thanks.

Cheers,
Simon