Re: [opensuse] dvd authoring
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:03:55 +1030
On Thursday 08 January 2009 21:30:01 jdd wrote:
Hello

I want to discuss dvd authoring, here, if some of you have knowledge
in that matter;

Until recently I had to use win application (magix) to do the job, but
I noticed than with the openSUSE 11.1 was shipped a working version of
Kdenlive .

So I could at last edit my DV camcorder files and render very easily a
dvd vob files.

I've had some success with ManDVD (available via repositories) and DVDStyler.
In the past I've also generated the full DVD structure from Kino (after
capture and editing, also using Kino). Linux Format magazine had a very good
tutorial on video capture, editing and creating DVD's of the finished product
using Kino which should still be available on their website...

...looks like only parts 2 and 3 are still available...

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/pdfs/download.php?PDF=LXF66.tut_begin.pdf
http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/pdfs/download.php?PDF=LXF67.tut_begin.pdf

Hope this helps.

Rodney.