Re: [opensuse] Re: Intermittent network access problem
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:54:21 +0100
On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:35:23AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
[ 8< ]
I hadn't heard of that option. Is packet sockets enabled by default?

In current kernels it's available as a module loadable at runtime.

What happens if a duplicate is found?

IIRC while setup a found duplicate causes the setup to stop.

What happens if a DHCP address
has been assigned and then someone manually assigns that address on
another computer, which IIRC is the case in the original message?

This is a more complex situation and I'm not sure if we're able to do
anthing than logging and informing the user.

Might we use dbus to pass a message to the end user sitting in front of
the session?

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]