Re: [opensuse] Workspaces X Wallpapers (KDE4)
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:10:38 +0000

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-07-09 06:39]:
This is all well and good, but to my knowledge throwing out the baby
with bathwater (or for a more pertinent metaphor leaving the baby in the
open unattended while rebuilding the house) is not a good idea. The
repetition of the 'in development' mantra is beginning to wear a little
thin.

No more so that your continual bashing. You *have* a choice. Don't
use it and you have no more reason unhappiness. Others will blaze the
trail and, when you feel that they have achieved your *necessities*,
you are free to rejoin. AND you have no problem to continue to bitch
about.

And I exercise it.

Not so much a bash an observation... To be frank the response, though
not unexpected, seem to more of denial that there could be an issue, and
hiding behind a particular mantra does *not* make the issue go away, it
is rather like the three monkeys 'hear no evil, see no evil, say no
evil'.

BTW I have in the main kept out of most of this, so the I am not really
one of the continual bitchers you are bitching about...

The roll out of KDE4 has been a PR and HRM disaster area, with
developers feeling under appreciated and abused, experienced users
feeling their comments are ignored or discarded at whim, and others just
generally confused. Hopefully, other OSS developers will take note of
this and take this as example of how *not* to manage a major change to a
well used, well loved and well understood tool.

And your dialogue is helping the openSUSE community effort.

And your point is?

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup