[opensuse] HOWTO Import /var/mail/hylton email to MailDir?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hyltonconacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:52:01 +0200
Hi,

I am using openSuSE 11.0 and I had an issue with my Postfix setup that
didn't identify the email data store correctly. As a result some email
received by fetchmail has been processed into the
/var/mail/hylton folder.

I have solved the Postfix error, but would now like to move the email
from its incorrect location(/var/mail/hylton) and add trh messages
into my Maildir store(/home/hylton/Maildir/), without bollocksing
that. That way I will be able to view the messages in the Maildir
location using Thunderbird, possibly via a new account.

I figured I should create another account and then when the messages
are displayed in that account's Inbox, simply drag and drop them into
the Maildir store Inbox.

What am I missing or what server details and other settings should I
use if I am not actually connecting to an ISP but rather my own local
filesystem ie /var/mail/hylton?

Help appreciated

Regards
Hylton