[opensuse] Re: Strange "PermissionDeniedByPolicy" Problem with 11.1
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 03:56:15 -0500
Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> writes:

This looks for me like dbus permission problem. You can see
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf if you have permission to action which is
shown in error message.

I saw too many of these, so I ended up giving myself permission to all
policykit actions by putting:

,----
| <match user="my user name">
| <return result="yes"/>
| </match>
`----

in /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf. Of course it can be more fine grained
by doing something like this with action keys:

,----
| <match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable"> |
| <match user="my user name"> |
| <return result="yes"/> |
| </match> |
| </match> |
`----

To the people who don't know, you can see the list of actions by running
polkit-action.

I learned a lot about PolicyKit from this release. I miss the simplicity
of resmgr and the readabilty of its config file. :-(

Charles

--
"All language designers are arrogant. Goes with the territory..."
(By Larry Wall)