Re: [opensuse] Media mystery.
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 03:39:23 -0500
Markus Koßmann wrote:
Now, if I open the disk with Konq. or Dolphin, they tell me the total
number of files is 153 and the total size is 72.9G!! The disk cover says
it's a dual layer DVD. It contains English, French, and Spanish
languages. I'm presently extracting only the English files in K9Copy and
already (compressed of course) have a total of almost 7G and it's not
done yet!!

Can anyone explain what Disney has managed to do to get this much on a
dual layer DVD, which I had assumed wouldn't even play on an old DVD
player?

Probably some kind of copy protection ;-) Just put some wrong data into the
right places of the filesystem and you will get that.

'VERY strange! K9Copy is still extracting and I'm up to 7.5G already! If
there wasn't that much on the disk, I'd not be getting it written to the
hard drive, one would think. I've looked for some odd-ball protection
scheme as well, and can't find that. In another attempt to see what was
going on, thinking that it simply is a method to keep from copying the
disk, I WAS able to watch the movie off the hard drive. This is the
strangest disk I've seen!!

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."