Re: [opensuse] Re: YaST fails to configure Hauppauge 350 PVR card
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 03:16:28 -0500
Marc Chamberlin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

OK.... Thanks Charles for your reply... but... SOMETHING is wrong with YaST!

I guest someone messed up and forgot that it is part of the kernel
package now.

Anywise, I go through the process of configuring the PVR-350, and when
done YaST "seems" to be happy but next time I open YaST and look at
the TV cards, it is no longer configured...

There is really nothing to configure (it auto-configures itself these
days). As long as you have the modules and the firmware install, udev
will take care of the rest.

Also don't relay on YaST. My card doesn't show up there either.

Nor does MythTV find anything at /dev/video0 (or any where else when
it does a probe...) In previous SuSE 10.x releases I simply had to
configure the card with YaST and then MythTV would find it OK.. No
longer happening!

1. What is the output of

,----
| lsmod | grep ivtv
`----

?

2. If you don't see any ivtv mouldes, what happens if you run

,----
| modprobe ivtv
`----

3. Did you run mythtv-setup?