Re: [opensuse] YaST fails to configure Hauppauge 350 PVR card
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 01:12:44 -0500
On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 10:36 -0800, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
Hi -

I don't understand why this is now happening, but in SuSE11.1 YaST no
longer seems able to configure the Hauppauge 350 PVR TV card! This is
such a standard card, been around for a long time and has worked fine in
previous 10.x releases... The only thing that YaST is reporting a
failure on is that it wants to install a package called
ivtv-kmp-default. I do not find this package on the CD nor in the online
repositories. So what gives? Do someone break the support for this card
and if so why? How do I get it to work? Should I go find it on a
previous CD of off the internet and install it separately? If I do, will
it be supported or am I on my own?

I have the exact same problem with the 150 model, see the thread "ivtv
on 11.1 i586".