Re: [opensuse] Installing openSuSE v11.1 on T21 -- Revisited
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:01:18 -0500
* David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-07-09 22:46]:

I installed kde3, and got the kde4 desktop. Others have installed kde3 and
ended up with tinyWM.

One report that I have seen here :^) And *only* one! And I have
not read of anyone else specifically installing kde3 and *only* having
kde4.

Unfortunately, it appears you are now a unwitting Beta tester Stan
along with the rest of us that installed 11.1. This despite the fact
that there was quite a bit of testing done on the Betas and RC's.

You *do* realize that all of us using linux are "beta testers" in one
way or another. At least we will be listened to and have recognition
of problems providing we do the courtesy of reporting them.

It is a shame that someone with as much passion as yourself must
resort to continued sarcasm in describing a product you like so much.