Re: [opensuse] Finding a modem
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:00:20 -0800 (PST)
----- Original Message ----

From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 12:41:18 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Finding a modem

Per Jessen wrote:

Simon Roberts wrote:

Did you try altering the baudrate?
/Per Jessen, Zürich

Yeah, tried the "obvious" ones, wanted to avoid trying all the
permutations of this stuff since there are too many!

Just try varying the baudrates, all the way from 300 and up. Never
mind bits and parity. (the default is almost always 8bit and no
parity anyway).

Uh, I should also have asked - is it an ISA or a PCI card? For the
former, you may well need jumpering, special config utility or isapnp.

It is a PCI, albeit an old one. I've dug out another from my scrap heap and am
currently trying that.... fingers crossed!

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz