Re: Fw: [opensuse] Terminal Emulator in Suse Enviorment
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:40:04 -0600
On Wednesday 2009 January 07 08:36:23 vyaaghrah-nix@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
If i am not wrong Konsole is from kde environment anything on GNOME.

GNOME Terminal.

I'm not sure I know of anything quite a scriptable as SecureCRT or Tera Term
Pro. Of course, you can always write your own shell/bash scripts, but that
might be limiting. If it is, you should look into Expect, a language for
controlling terminal(s), and/or TinTin++.[1]
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))

[1] TinTin++ is normally used (and developed) for playing MUD/MOO/MUSH games,
but I've certainly used it as a scriptable platform to manage hundred of
remote systems.