Re: [opensuse] Intermittent network access problem
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:43:40 -0500
Hugo Palma wrote:
Hi,

i installed 11.1 (64bits) with KDE4.1 and recently i started having
the following problem.
It seems that as soon as the network starts (or i restart it)
everything works fine. But after i wait a few seconds i simply can't
ping any IPs, then after a few seconds i can ping them again and so
on. There doesn't seem to be a fixed interval of time for this happen.

One thing i noticed is that this happens less frequently when
accessing IPs from the same network as me.
Also, this doesn't happen on my home network, only at work.

It looks liek routing trouble but the routing tables i get from the
route command are the same at the time i have full network access and
when the problem occurs.
I'd really appreciate some ideas on this.

Thanks.

What does traceroute say? Can you ping your own IP address? Flakey
hardware?