Re: [opensuse] Workspaces X Wallpapers (KDE4)
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:13:15 +0000

Herbert Graeber wrote:

I could be mistaken, but I think that's been removed.

Yes it has been removed. But it will come back in KDE 4.2 but with additional
features. So you can use different desktop plasmoids icons and panels (which
are aplasmoids, too) on each desktop. Because of that it had to be
reimplemented completely.

It's one of the "improvements" in KDE 4.

Uneeded sarcasm... Everybody on this list knows how you feel about KDE4. Not
neccessary to reapeat this each time.

Herbert

I think James is being a little understated and restrained...

Run this past me very slowly, KDE 4 the new flagship desktop was shipped
*without* the capability to change the desktop background to an image of
your choice! Somehow I missed this in the firefight on functionality
which explodes periodically on this list...

This is well rather like selling Tea ... without the Tea...

A happy enlightenment user with my own wallpaper :-)

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup