Re: [opensuse] deleted my /home directory
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:19:58 -0600
On Tuesday 06 January 2009 9:23 pm, John R. Sowden wrote:

Re: #2: The reason that I asked is when I installed a USB stick drive,
nothing happened (it didn't mount). I checked the 'my computer' to see if
it was connected, just not on my desktop, no soap. How do I mount a usb
stick drive in a live suse 11.1 mode? I can mount the disk drive with the
data so I can access the files in the live mode, I just don't see how to
copy them off the drive.

Do "fdisk -l" -- it should list all the devices. Perhaps you will see
something like "/dev/sda1".

Also do "df". It wil list the mounted devices. Look for a device shown by
fdisk that is not shown by df and mount that. Perhaps something like:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt

Look in /mnt to see if you got what you are looking for.

Bob