[opensuse] deleted my /home directory
  • From: "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:48:50 -0800
On my last upgrade from 10.3 to 11.0, Suse installed the 10.3 root directory
into my home directory, which I never noticed because I don't go there, until
a few days ago when I decided to upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1. As I was
deleting these directories, I accidently deleted my home directory. I don't
keep much there, but linux and its apps do. Is there a recovery.

Also I have OOo files in another directory, but I don't know which partition.
Is there a way to:
1) Find out which partition a file is in.
2) Copy these files from disk to a usb stick drive while in the "live" mode?

tia,

John