[opensuse] Powerdevil...it's quite a little devil
  • From: Joop Beris <opensuse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:48:30 +0100
Hello listmates,

Well, as the subject says, powerdevil is quite a little devil, in the sense
that it doesn't power off my monitors. I have two monitors hooked up to a
NVidia 8600 GT, which runs rather nicely. The screensaver does get started,
but powerdevil doesn't kick in.

At first, when I wanted to configure powerdevil through the Personal Settings
Advanced > Power management, it complained about another power manager
running. After some googling, I found that I needed to disable powersaved to
be able to configure it. So I disabled powersaved from starting and made sure
it's not running now. Powerdevil is configured to stand by my screens after 10
minutes, and power them off after 60, but nothing happens.
I can't find anyting in my log files about a malfunction, it just doesn't
work.

I am up to date with all patches.

Any suggestions what to do?

Joop

--
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."