Re: [opensuse] Opensuse 11.1 for server ?
  • From: Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:58:45 +0100
Am Dienstag 06 Januar 2009 11:29:52 schrieb Arie Reynaldi Z:
Ok, I've read so many 'so-called' complains about opensuse 11.1 for
desktop, like burning dvd, problem dialing, and so on.. What I want to
know, what about for server usage ? I use some applications like bind,
apache, mysql, firewall, etc that already installed in my servers, and
some of the use RAID 1 (mirrored), etx3 (i saw that xfs is better
now?). I use usb modem cause we have sms application installed.
I almost never use X, except for file server that also has printer
server, so I can manage print jobs using kprinter or 'printer manager'
under gnome. But mostly only has console mode (thanks to yast that can
play in console mode).

I use all of the above on my servers, except usb modem. Every works well for
me, except using a swap partition on raid1. Such a partition will be marked
read-only during boot and therefore not used.

Herbert