Re: [opensuse] How to cause zypepr to (re)mount partitions?
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:53:00 +0100
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:37:53PM +0100, Josef Wolf wrote:

I would like to mount /usr as read-only and not mount /boot at all
by default. This seems to work so far, but updating or installing
new packages fails. On debian/ubuntu, I could solve this by setting

DPkg::Pre-Invoke {"/bin/mount -o remount,rw /usr ";};
DPkg::Post-Invoke {"/bin/mount -o remount /usr ";};

in /etc/apt/apt.conf.

Now I am curious: Is there any way to get a similar functionality on
opensuse?

Please file a feature request if you think it's worth.

You'll get asked for the intention of your approach. I expect the
"usual" this is more secure or this prevents you from deleteting /usr.

Not working as root or using sudo might be more efficient.

Anyhow, a feature request[1] is the starting point if you like to see
something like this.

[1] I'm not sure if http://en.opensuse.org/Feature_Wishlist is the
current preferred approach for the openSUSE development or if there is a
different tool to track features. Ahh it looks like
http://en.opensuse.org/Proposals/openFate provides some more
information.

Lars
--