Re: [opensuse] WARNING: If you are using xine for your (digital) TV....
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:30:08 +0000

Basil Chupin wrote:
....then (regularly) make a backup of the file ~/.xine so that should
some upgrade/update to your installation of oS 11.0/11.1 stops xine from
working then use the backup of /.xine to restore xine to a working program.

Don't ask me what the reason for the cockup is. All I can say is that
some upgrades to 11.0 were put through earlier and (immediately)
afterwards I could not use xine to view digital TV - and I was watching
TV all day until I turned it off to do the upgrades. Replacing .xine
with a backup (a lucky copy for use on another system!) made it all work
again.

Ciao.

I would have thought it good practice to to do a backup before applying
any update at any time, one of the reasons I will not touch any form of
automatic update procedure...

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup