[opensuse] Opensuse 11.1 for server ?
  • From: "Arie Reynaldi Z" <reymanx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:29:52 +0700
Ok, I've read so many 'so-called' complains about opensuse 11.1 for
desktop, like burning dvd, problem dialing, and so on.. What I want to
know, what about for server usage ? I use some applications like bind,
apache, mysql, firewall, etc that already installed in my servers, and
some of the use RAID 1 (mirrored), etx3 (i saw that xfs is better
now?). I use usb modem cause we have sms application installed.
I almost never use X, except for file server that also has printer
server, so I can manage print jobs using kprinter or 'printer manager'
under gnome. But mostly only has console mode (thanks to yast that can
play in console mode).

I will install from new, not upgrade. So, is opensuse 11.1 ready for
server, or I just have to stick with 10.3 / 11.0 ?

regards,