Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 11.1 on PS3
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:15:58 +0100
On Jan 6, 2009, at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Ervine wrote:

Would tend to agree with this. Having installed Linux on my PS3 I was, to say
the least, underwhelmed. The PS3 doesn't have a massive amount of memory
available, and has limited the accessibility to the hardware (graphics in
particular). Would make for a nice server I guess.

The small amount of memory surprised me as well. I guess it is not needed. However, I have heard rumblings that gamers think the poor texture rendering (in their opinion - I don't have an opinion on this) on the PS3 is because of too little RAM.

I guess I will need to see why it is totally ignoring my videos. I think they are mainly DivX and Xvid. It would be nice if one could just browse the USB storage contents to see what the PS3 thinks is there, eliminating any non-video issues. What format is your USB storage when used with the PS3?

I guess we are heading off topic here...

--

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.