[opensuse] WARNING: If you are using xine for your (digital) TV....
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:04:35 +1100
....then (regularly) make a backup of the file ~/.xine so that should
some upgrade/update to your installation of oS 11.0/11.1 stops xine from
working then use the backup of /.xine to restore xine to a working program.

Don't ask me what the reason for the cockup is. All I can say is that
some upgrades to 11.0 were put through earlier and (immediately)
afterwards I could not use xine to view digital TV - and I was watching
TV all day until I turned it off to do the upgrades. Replacing .xine
with a backup (a lucky copy for use on another system!) made it all work
again.

Ciao.

--
"With the portion of mankind that is above average one may speak of higher
things; with those below it, one may not."