Re: [opensuse] Controlling zypper's Timedout when it is updating -- REPOST
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 23:59:47 -0600
On Monday 05 January 2009 11:07:02 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
Nothing untoward has occurred since I switched over, therefore what
cataclysmic and apocalyptic outcomes am I to expect by switching to
smart?

The only problems I have noticed with smart is the need to watch
architecture. It has a problem occasionally with trying to install 32
bit rpms as updates for 64 bit.

Aha, many thanks for this Patrick.

But it won't affect me because I do not have a 64-bit system.

Did he mentioned "and vice versa" :-)
Smart wasn't aware if architecture.
You have chance to check is that fixed or not.

Linux is about freedom of choice and everyone is free to choose his
headache ;-)

--
Regards, Rajko