Re: [opensuse] Controlling zypper's Timedout when it is updating -- REPOST
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:07:02 +1100
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

Nothing untoward has occurred since I switched over, therefore what
cataclysmic and apocalyptic outcomes am I to expect by switching to smart?

The only problems I have noticed with smart is the need to watch
architecture. It has a problem occasionally with trying to install 32
bit rpms as updates for 64 bit.

Aha, many thanks for this Patrick.

But it won't affect me because I do not have a 64-bit system.

Ciao.

--
"With the portion of mankind that is above average one may speak of higher
things; with those below it, one may not."