Re: [opensuse] Is 11.1 and kde3 really that broken??
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 23:17:11 -0500
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I swear by reiserfs as well. (Well, when I'm not swearing *at* it.) However,
I think switching to JFS/XFS/EXT4 might be a better future-proof plan. ISTR
reiserfs having open kernel bugs, and fewer and fewer kernel developers are
wanting to touch the code, other than making sure it's kept up-to-date.

That's a shame considering how long resier3 has been around and how
stable it really is.