[opensuse] How do I turn off the modem
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:35:05 -0500
I have /usr/sbin/modem-manager started from somewhere.
I know not where and I know not why.
I don't want it not be - I have no use for this damn winmodem anyway.
When I kill it, it restarts.

In Yast2 -> Network Devices -> Modem it seems to have recognised my
intel card (ICH6 AC97) and I can't delete the modem entry.

Yes, its also cluttering up the log files trying to open it and restart.
I think its gumming up my sound function too.

How can I stop this?

(OBTW: this is 11.1 - it didn't happen with 11.0)

--
The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own
good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of