Re: [opensuse] Problem running vmware 2.9 after installing OpenSuse 11.1
  • From: Husam Senussi <husam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:23:24 +0000
On 5 Jan 2009, at 19:58, Wendell Nichols wrote:

Husam Senussi wrote:

Do you mean VMware Server 2.0 ?
It works here with no problem. You need to have a functional Apache
server.

Yes mean 2.0 and I do have apache running, but as soon as I start the
vmware server I get kernel dump and the the machine hungs.

Thanks Husam

I had problems with the stock 11.1 kernel but I can't rember for sure if
vmware was related to that. At any rate I upgraded to
Linux bilbo 2.6.28-9-default #1 SMP PREEMPT (from kernel.org)
on this dist and installed vmware (rpm) and it's working just fine. The
compilation steps in vmware-config generate some warnings about
redefined symbols etc but its working very nicely in my machine.
(Thinkpad t61p)

wcn

I will give it a try, Hoped it wont come to that :)

Thanks
Husam