Re: [opensuse] strange Acrobat Reader problem
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:37:35 -0800
On Monday 05 January 2009 10:26, Boris Epstein wrote:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Monday 05 January 2009 10:08, Boris Epstein wrote:
Hello everybody,

We've come across a PDF file that prints fine in Evince and KPDF
as well as from the command line (lp filename) but would not print
from Acroread. The error one gets is a vauge "draw error".

The PDF is right here:
http://www.wjgnet.com/1007-9327/14/7160.pdf

Perhaps its one of those "specially crafted" PDFs designed to
exploit a security flaw in (some version of) Adobe Reader??

Boris.

Randall Schulz

That's possible. How do I test for that?

I did some searching and found many references to the problem, including
several that claim it's on the rise, but nothing other than commerical
anti-malware programs (for Windows, of course) that even purport to
detect such PDF files.

Randall Schulz