Re: [opensuse] should i go with 64bit??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:36:44 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

Per Jessen escribió:

I wouldn't bother. I've recently switched my external servers from
64bit to 32bit - it saved me quite a bit of memory. My workstation
is 64bit for now, but I'll most probably also re-install that with
32bit.

And you blamed the 64 bit architecture for bugs in programs ?

No, not at all. I switched back to 32bit for two reasons - 1)
memory-usage on the external servers and 2) the effort in
maintaining/building for both 32bit and 64bit environments (my
test-environment is 32bit).

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Zürich