Re: [opensuse] should i go with 64bit??
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:56:27 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, January 5, 2009 18:01, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Per Jessen escribió:

I wouldn't bother. I've recently switched my external servers from
64bit to 32bit - it saved me quite a bit of memory. My workstation is
64bit for now, but I'll most probably also re-install that with 32bit.

And you blamed the 64 bit architecture for bugs in programs ?

I didn't see him blaming anyone.
Some software may work perfectly on x32 while barfing on x64, especially
software that wasn't designed with x64 in mind. Making software compatible
with every conceivable architecture upgrade of the distant future would
add massive layers of abstraction.