Re: [opensuse] Is 11.1 and kde3 really that broken??
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:09:29 -0600
On Monday 2009 January 05 05:48:44 Larry Stotler wrote:
On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you use reiserfs, per chance?

I have used reiser for so long that I always
just use it. No other fs I've tried can even touch the crash recovery
of reiser. It's a must on my laptops.

I swear by reiserfs as well. (Well, when I'm not swearing *at* it.) However,
I think switching to JFS/XFS/EXT4 might be a better future-proof plan. ISTR
reiserfs having open kernel bugs, and fewer and fewer kernel developers are
wanting to touch the code, other than making sure it's kept up-to-date.

Are there any recent published benchmarks for the filesystems? Is bonnie
still the definitive benchmarking program? Seeing as the "dev" suffix is
being dropped from the ext4 driver soon (if not already), it seems about time
to benchmark it and see some performance numbers.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))