Re: [opensuse] Is 11.1 and kde3 really that broken?? [Can You Think of TESTS??]
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:48:55 -0600
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

Over the holidays, I had a chance to really try and configure kde
3.5.10 on
11.1 resulting in some really weird behavior and numerous hard locks. I
installed a fresh copy of 11.1 i586 from the dvd. First, I got kde4 desktop.
Then reconfiguring I did get kde3, but it is really broken.

Listmates,

One thing that may be really helpful here for testing purposes with
11.1 is
that I currently have (3) hard drives for this laptop. One running 10.3, one
running 11.0 and the problem child running 11.1. Can anyone think of a couple
of comparisons to run to help identify where 11.1 is having problems? I can
attach all 3 at the same time (2 via usb/ide connect cables). I know kde to the
extent of being able to configure/customize and get what I want out of it
extensively, but I don't know where to start attacking the strange problems I
am having with the shadow backgrounds, etc. Can anyone think of a few good
tests?

I'm more than happy to take the time to run them. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC