Re: [opensuse] Is 11.1 and kde3 really that broken??
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 07:50:59 -0600
Kai Ponte wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

Over the holidays, I had a chance to really try and configure kde
3.5.10 on
11.1 resulting in some really weird behavior and numerous hard locks. I
installed a fresh copy of 11.1 i586 from the dvd. First, I got kde4 desktop.
Then reconfiguring I did get kde3, but it is really broken.

I have been running 11.1 on my son's laptop for a bit now. Except for
the annoyance that I can't shutdown from KDE (which I hope will be
fixed) I've had no issues.

Here's his desktop with Firefox running (warning - 1.2 MB file)

http://www.donutmonster.com/stuff/20090104_opensuse11_1_kde3.png

Kai,

That's good to hear! (I had to save your screenshot. It will make a
great
desktop for my daughter...)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.