[opensuse] Digikam refuse to start
  • From: Nkoli <coomac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:50:44 -0500
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Martin /Nightowl/ Byttebier wrote:

Hello,

I recently installed OpenSuse 11.1 and I just discovered Digikam won't
run at all.

When Digikam started from shell I get this:

digikam: error while loading shared libraries: libdigikam.so.0: cannot

tos4ever@linux-u3sk:/opt/kde3/lib> ls -l |grep libdigikam.so.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 jan 4 00:33 libdigikam.so.0 ->
libdigikam.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5052864 dec 3 14:58 libdigikam.so.0.0.0

I'm using digikam-0.9.4-51.18

What can I do to get Digikam working?

i notice that the digikam lib is in a non-standard place, no?
/opt/kde3/lib. are you sure that directory is in your library search
path?

rday
--

The kde3 digikam as well as many other kde3 programs are installed
under /opt/kde3, so the directory is correct. Not sure what happened

Nkoli