Re: [opensuse] Is 11.1 and kde3 really that broken??
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 07:29:52 -0500
Kai Ponte pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

Over the holidays, I had a chance to really try and configure kde
3.5.10 on
11.1 resulting in some really weird behavior and numerous hard locks. I
installed a fresh copy of 11.1 i586 from the dvd. First, I got kde4 desktop.
Then reconfiguring I did get kde3, but it is really broken.

I have been running 11.1 on my son's laptop for a bit now. Except for
the annoyance that I can't shutdown from KDE (which I hope will be
fixed) I've had no issues.

Here's his desktop with Firefox running (warning - 1.2 MB file)

http://www.donutmonster.com/stuff/20090104_opensuse11_1_kde3.png

The only thing I have found broken is being able to modify the screen
saver. ( 11.1 KDE3.x 32 bit )

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998